Life = Art

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Intro to Blog






I had no idea I could paint. A little more than a year ago I painted this. And I found that I love painting. This happens to be my first legitimate piece of art. I currently have several other pieces of art that I'll post about in later blogs. I've learned massive amounts about art in just a few years. I've dipped in to pottery and several other sorts of sculpture, but painting is truly my passion, and I will continue to pursue it throughout my life. My school recently had its annual art show, in which we had several artists place highly in. (Not me, mostly juniors and seniors) The other type of art that I love is textural painting, and additive painting. One of the weird things about me is I let my inner artist out on just about all my stuff. (those of you that have seen my converse would know) I have paint or glue or some type of material on just about every pair of jeans and shoes I own, whether it was on purpose or accident. Art is a major part of my life when it can be. Lately in my art class we have to make a painting that's inspired from another artist, and I haven't decided yet who. I was thinking Salvador Dali, but I only wish I had that much talent. Granted he was on LSD while he painted. So anyway, I'm falling behind in my art class due to the stresses of my less creative classes. I'm working hard to catch up and not let my art fade into the horizon (get over it Peter) of everyday life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home